Access websites, apps, regardless of location & block ad trackers with Opera VPN
Opera VPN for Android blocks ads, hides your IP address, lets you bypass geo-blocks, workplace filters, unlocking the true power of the web no matter where you are.
What if you could get one of the world’s fastest, most reliable VPN services for free? You can with Opera VPN!
A VPN, or virtual private network, is like a seamless tunnel that encapsulates your internet traffic. No one can examine what goes on between you and your destination, not even your ISP or the people that run the wi-fi network you’re on.
That extra layer of protection bypasses workplace and school censorship, location-specific blocks that won’t let you access videos (i.e. BBC iPlayer) so you can stay anonymous at all times. You’ll also be able to block ads and ad-trackers to prevent anyone from profiling you while you browse.
If you want to stay anonymous and secure, if you want to be able to access a world of content for free, you’ll want to check out Opera VPN.
- The Fastest, Most Reliable Free VPN With a distributed network of servers across the globe, you’ll always be able to get online fast and stay that way, all for free.
- Choose Up to Five Virtual Locations That’s right, five locations! You’ll be able to browse from up to five different locations and access a world of content no matter where you are.
- Block Ads, Ad-Trackers, and Stay Anonymous Security is important too! Block most ads, prevent ad-trackers from following your movements around the web, and stay truly anonymous no matter where you go online.
- Torrenting and File Sharing is Not Supported Torrenting is blocked and could result in a ban.
+ You can now choose whether or not you want Opera VPN to turn on whenever you restart your Android device.
+ You now also have the ability to allow Opera VPN to be more persistent in remaining active (helps with Android versions where the System kills active VPN processes).
Potentially dangerous permissions
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.